Dragon's Hope - Chapter 1 - Version 1.1 - Tons of little improvements
Thank you so much for playing our game! The response we've received since the release of Chapter 1 was overwhelming. Despite the overall very positive feedback, we've found many little ways to further improve the game.
We'd also like to thank all of the content creators that have created videos about our game so far:
Without further ado, here's the changelog!
- Fixed an issue with the selection frame of the jigsaw puzzle not getting deleted and stuck around on the screen forever. Not everybody had this issue, but it’s definitely fixed now.
- The guidebook has been updated after a native speaker proofread all of it.
- Generally improved the mapping. We reshaped some of the mountain's cliffs and added more details here and there.
- All of the squirrels from which support can be gained now have alternative dialogues for the case that the player already has entered the tree and doesn’t require their support anymore.
- It was hard for many players to spot Timmy because the colour of his sprite is very similar to the grass. He’s now sitting on a tree stump and should be a lot easier to find.
- Same thing for Freddy’s customer, the bunny. We added footprints leading from the squirrel’s tree to the bunny. Some players couldn’t even see the bunny despite standing right next to him.
- The other bunnies don’t give hints about the customer’s location anymore once the player has found the customer.
- Some additonal dialogue variations (for example Winky when the player has found all of the treasures).
- A few smaller dialogue-fixes.
- Fixed that the game broke when going from the already running game to the title and starting a new game.
- The menu can’t be opened anymore on the title screen.
- When talking to Tasty again, he now specifies how a bird’s egg can be stolen.
- No more 4th wall breaking by Theo. Journal and autosave slot now get explained by a narrator with no picture. We’re not 100% happy with this but should be much better than before.
- The player will now only be told how to run if they haven’t ever run before. Auto dashing is also detected.
- Fixed an issue where the player was standing on one of Smarty’s nut hide locations.
- Extended the cutscene in the lobby to ensure players aren’t confused as to what they’re even supposed to do. A lot of players seemed to be confused once they had entered the lobby.
- Added yet another bird to mother nature. It ain’t much, but it’s honest work.
- Added a rock to the left side of Owlbert to prevent players from approaching him from the left side. It looked weird having Damian stand on the edge of a cliff. Also, the area looks more interesting now.
- Changed Molly’s sprite colour to match her character bust.
- Changed Swifty’s sprite colour to match his character bust.
- Fixed quite some weird looking cliffs.
- After having the first conversation with Lucky, the next one will be way shorter, straight up asking the player if they want to play some rock paper scissors.
- Moved a tree a bit that was too close to a cliff.
- When Owlbert was flying, his sprite colour was a bit off. That’s fixed now.
Get Dragon's Hope - Chapter 1
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.